Tuesday, December 1, 2020We are celebrating the largest global day of generousity!
Are you with us?
On December 1 we are raising funds to support more Virginians who will unfortunately one day experience the loss of a child at any time in pregnancy.
We believe every family that faces a pregnancy or infant loss should have access to resources to help say goodbye with dignity and honor, and every hospital should have a cooling unit to offer that support.
Why support us?
While we can’t compare to other amazing organizations, we do provide free infant burial gowns and support to help those affected by pregnancy and infant loss. We also raise funds to equip hospitals with cooling devices to give parents more time to say goodbye for the last time.
Every month for the 25+ bereaved families who lose a child at one local hospital alone, Kennedy’s Angel Gowns’ work is a critical support to their experience.
Read personal stories on our blog!
Kennedy’s Angel Gowns is helping by bringing awareness when there are no words, allowing the existence of every child to be real, honored, and remembered.
Your contributions will help provide the resources to the pregnancy and infant loss community so their child’s death is handled with love and dignity.
2020 GivingTuesday Toolkit for Givers
There are so many ways you can help spread kindness on December 1 for GivingTuesday. Please use the toolkit provided for images and ideas on how to get involved with Kennedy’s Angel Gowns. You can make a big impact on social media with a few simple tasks.
Give & #UNselfie
When we share our generosity, we inspire others to give back too. Share how and why you’re giving back on GivingTuesday by posting your #UNselfie on social media.
Ways to participate
You can join in this global movement for unity and giving back in a variety of ways. Here are some specific to Kennedy’s Angel Gowns:
- New! Join pointapp.org and join us to volunteer. Select upcoming events or tasks and track your hours right from the app.
- Start a fundraiser, community drive or coordinated event to join others in your area or with your same interests in giving back. We need your help to creatively raise money.
- Give a small recurring donation as little as $5 on our website.
- Share kindness with bereaved families–check on those who are alone and may need help with errands or just a friendly voice to talk to.
- Start a Facebook fundraiser and select Kennedy’s Angel Gowns as the charity.
- Ask someone if they experienced a miscarriage and hear their story. Be sure to ask “What was your baby’s name?”
- Teach someone to sew or crochet and become a dedicated volunteer on our sewing team.
- Share a quick tutorial with us that offers up a sewing or crochet skill or lesson to help our volunteers learn something new or strengthen their skills.