Giving Tuesday 2021
Are you with us?
On November 30 we are raising funds on Giving Tuesday to support more Virginians who will, unfortunately, one day experience the loss of a child at any time in pregnancy.
We believe every family that faces a pregnancy or infant loss should have access to resources to help say goodbye with dignity and honor, and every hospital should have a cooling unit to offer that support.
Why support us?
While we can’t compare to other amazing organizations, we do provide free infant burial garments and support to help those affected by pregnancy and infant loss. This includes free access to a bereavement doula. We also raise funds to equip hospitals with cooling devices to give parents quality time with their infant to say a final goodbye.
Every month for the 25+ bereaved families who lose a child at one local hospital alone, Kennedy’s Angel Gowns’ work is a critical support to their experience.
Kennedy’s Angel Gowns is bringing awareness when there are no words, allowing the existence of every child to be real, honored, and remembered.
Your contributions will help provide the resources to the pregnancy and infant loss community so their child’s death is handled with love and dignity.
Learn more about the history of Giving Tuesday and decide how you will make an impact this year.
The Angel Box
Funeral Support for Pregnancy & Infant Loss
The Angel Box is a free infant burial kit complete with a free handcrafted burial garment and keepsakes. We deliver or ship overnight for free to any family that needs to cremate or bury their infant.
Your gift will support the hand-creation of the box, its content, and delivery. Did you know it costs an average of $65 to overnight one Angel Box?
More ways to participate
You can join in this global movement for unity and giving back in a variety of ways. Here are some specific to Kennedy’s Angel Gowns:
- Join pointapp.org and join us to volunteer. Select upcoming events or tasks and track your hours right from the app.
- Give a monthly donation of as little as $10 to make an impact.
- Share kindness with bereaved families–check on those who are alone and may need help with errands or just a friendly voice to talk to.
- Ask someone if they experienced a miscarriage and hear their story. Be sure to ask “What was your baby’s name?”
- Teach someone to sew or crochet and become a dedicated volunteer on our sewing team.
- Share a quick tutorial with us that offers up a sewing or crochet skill or lesson to help our volunteers learn something new or strengthen their skills.
- A nonprofit needs committed and skilled board members. Contact us to inquire about joining the team.
- Share links to our programs and blog posts to help raise awareness.