Are you a fun-loving person who is great with kids? We need you! Child care is an ongoing need for many of our volunteers that attend our bi-monthly sew-in event. When Kennedy’s Angel Gowns holds these special days to sew, we don’t want a lack of child care to prevent our volunteers from participating. We also need caring, nurturing individuals to volunteer to provide child care.
Your job is simple – you get to play with and befriend one or more children while their parents are in nearby rooms sewing, making bracelets, or working with wedding gowns. If the children are old enough, they often participate in making the Momme & Me bracelets.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience providing care to youth (infants, children) is preferred.
- Ensure that children remain within the confines of the designated room.
- Clean up after children.
- Clean the room for the final departure.
- Transportation to location necessary
- Ability to engage with and manage children of all ages
Length of Assignment: Minimum four-hour shift (sometimes less)
Minimum Age: 16